Thursday, October 16, 2008

Camera

When Jacob and I were just newly married we created a "bucket list" of sorts, it was a lot of fun and we ended off with a list of 100 things that we wanted to do before we bite the dust. One point on our list was to visit a local corn maze which we were able to do a few weekends ago. It was a lot of fun to spend the afternoon wondering through a huge field of corn!
After our visit I dropped off a dinner for a church couple who had just had a baby boy. As I was at their apartment building fumbling for my phone, I had forgotten their apartment number, I must have taken my camera out and left it on the floor. Only twenty minutes had gone by before I realized my mistake but my camera was already gone! I had lost it! The only good thing was that most of our pictures had been uploaded but many of our daughter were lost.
But this story has a happy ending. My faith in humanity restored, some good Samaritan picked up my camera and responded to my lost signs. He returned my camera and refused my reward!
I am pleased to discover that there are still some really great people out there and that one of them found my camera before others with not so honorable intentions could!

On another note, Claire continues to grow so quickly before my very eyes. We were excited to welcome a new cousin Andrew Cephas Day who was close to Claire in weight (7 lbs 14 Oz) and size but upon comparison have discovered that our little Claire bear is growing into such a "big girl!".

No comments: